RRMM Architects is currently seeking a NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer for their Chesapeake or Richmond office with 5-10 years of experience.
- Develop and prepare presentation drawings using design principles
- Prepare construction documents for interior design portions of projects as part of the design team
- Utilize standard concepts, practices and procedures within interior design
- Perform a variety of tasks including overseeing work performed by other design team members
- Work under general supervision and review own work for accuracy and completeness
- Manage time to meet project budgets and schedules
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Qualifications and Skills:
- Four-year accredited bachelor’s degree in interior design
- 5-10 years of experience
- NCIDQ Certification
- Working knowledge of functional analysis and space planning principles
- Knowledge of interior code requirements and the ability to interpret and generate specifications and drawings
- High level of creativity and latitude
- Experience and knowledge for furniture packages and plans, including full specifications and pricing
This position typically reports to a supervisor or manager. It will be required to communicate directly with contractors and construction workers to implement design changes in the field through emails and phone calls, possibly in person. Must attend project coordination and meetings with internal team members (weekly) and/or external consultants (less seldom). Must participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production. Regular attendance Monday through Friday during client’s business hours for availability and coordination is required.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous package of benefits.
Please send resumes to Barbara Klingensmith at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 757-622-2430. No phone calls please. RRMM is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification form upon hire.