RRMM Architects is the firm behind your schools, fire stations, stores, medical offices, and so many other spaces. We design secure, high performing facilities for our nation’s military and first responders, and welcoming spaces for our most fragile citizens to call home.
We are presently seeking an Interior Designer for our Chesapeake office. This position will require working with a team to design and complete various types of interiors for projects – starting with design concepts followed by construction documents and construction administration.
- Provide programming, space planning and spatial layouts
- Create original design concepts, including finish materials, and presentation boards.
- Coordinate with consultants including architectural, lighting, MEP, etc.
- Develop full interior drawing sets, including floor plans, elevations, RCP, millwork, details & specific schedules.
- Develop FF&E packages including programming, selection, specification and bidding documents for procurement.
- Ensure continuity and consistency of design deliverables, meet project schedules, budgets and deadlines.
- Review and check all work for design, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage and work effectively within a collaborative team environment on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with experience designing interior projects for the federal government, state/DEB, municipal and education markets.
- Knowledge of custom millwork construction.
- Knowledge of construction materials, details, standards and building codes.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- REVIT and AutoCAD
We offer a competitive salary and generous package of benefits.
RRMM Architects is an architectural and interior design firm with 100+ employees. Our home office is in Chesapeake, Virginia with satellite offices in Richmond, Roanoke, and Arlington.
Please send resumes to Barbara Klingensmith at email@example.com or fax 757-622-2430. No phone calls please. RRMM is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification form upon hire.