RRMM Architects is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm. Every day our employees strive to create exceptional places to live, work, play and learn. Our firm uses the power of design to strengthen and inspire the communities we serve.
While we are large enough to rank in Building and Construction Magazine, Engineering Record (ENR) and Architectural Record, RRMM Architects consists of a tight-knit, collaborative group with diverse backgrounds and design experiences. We are united by the common interest to provide superior service to our clients.
Position: Architect / Project Manager (5-8+ years experience)
We are looking for an experienced, creative, passionate, and driven professional with higher education design experience to join one of our Chesapeake, Richmond, or Roanoke office(s). The ideal candidate will be proactive with a desire to work in a collaborative environment to create innovative design solutions, manage projects and personnel, and mesh business development skills, design aptitude, and technical expertise with an emphasis on client service. As the Higher Education Studio continues to grow and expand, future vertical movement is anticipated.
- Lead or support programming efforts to best define project scope, needs, and budget.
- Generate fee proposals on a variety of project types and sizes.
- Create architectural designs and concepts based on client input and feedback.
- Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of state regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate with both internal and external consultant teams in developing site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details, code review for various phase submissions.
- Oversee Construction Administration efforts and lead RRMM’s CA Team with communication to Owners and Contractors.
- Utilize existing clientele and industry connections to assist in business development efforts.
- Degree in Architecture; Licensed Architect or pursuing licensure preferred.
- Knowledge and application of codes along with technical knowledge of building construction systems and project phases.
- Ability to program and design projects within budget and to align with client needs and desired aesthetics.
- Project experience that coincides with VA CPSM and DEB requirements is preferred – attendance at the VA CPSM seminar a plus.
- Team player with strong communication, project management and presentation skills.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM), Revit, BIM 360 and Microsoft Office.
More About RRMM
If you have a passion for quality design, the built environment, and are committed to a client-service mentality, consider joining the team of friendly talented professionals at RRMM! We have a lineup of exciting projects and great career opportunities for the right candidates! RRMM Architects offers very competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (PDF preferred).
Please send resumes to Eva Valo at email@example.com or fax 757.622.2430. No phone calls please. RRMM is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification form upon hire.