RRMM Architects is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm. Every day our employees strive to create exceptional places to live, work, play and learn. Our firm uses the power of design to strengthen and inspire the communities we serve.
While we are large enough to rank in Building and Construction Magazine, Engineering Record (ENR) and Architectural Record, RRMM Architects consists of a tight-knit, collaborative group with diverse backgrounds and design experiences. We are united by the common interest to provide superior service to our clients.
Position: Architectural Designer (1-3+ years experience)
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and driven professional with higher education design experience to join one of our Chesapeake, Richmond or Roanoke offices. The ideal candidate will be proactive with a desire to work in a collaborative team environment to create innovative design solutions and be driven towards participation in RRMM University’s AXP, Mentoring and Continuing Education Programs focused on career development and architectural licensing. You will be incorporated into teams with architects, project designers, interior designers, graphics personnel, construction administrators, and sustainability specialists- a key component of our practice. As the Higher Education Studio continues to grow and expand, future vertical movement is anticipated.
- Assist project team in creating architectural designs and concepts based on client input and feedback.
- Work with project team in developing site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details, code review for various phase submissions.
- Utilize Building Information Modeling and other software packages, coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Work with Project Leadership to modify designs to meet the changing needs of each client, desired campus aesthetic, and educational institution goals.
- Assist construction administration leadership in overseeing Construction Administration efforts and leading RRMM’s CA Team with communication to Owners and Contractors.
- Attend project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Degree in Architecture; Licensed Architect or pursuing licensure preferred.
- Basic knowledge of building construction systems codes, and phases of architectural document production.
- Ability to work collaboratively to conduct space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Work directly with design leadership to develop building designs and construction documents.
- Participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
- Extensive experience (or ability to learn) Revit, Building Information Modeling and BIM 360, Enscape rendering and visualization software, Adobe InDesign, Newforma and Microsoft Office.
More About RRMM
If you have a passion for quality design, the built environment, and are committed to a client-service mentality, consider joining the team of friendly talented professionals at RRMM! We have a lineup of exciting projects and great career opportunities for the right candidates! RRMM Architects offers very competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (PDF preferred).
Please send resumes to Eva Valo at email@example.com or fax 757.622.2430. No phone calls please. RRMM is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification form upon hire.