RRMM Architects is currently seeking (2) positions in our Retail / Commercial Department
Architect / Project Manager with 5+ years’ experience and an Assistant Project Manager with 1-5 years’ experience with Retail / Commercial architecture or related experience. Applicants should have strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to successfully carry a project from inception through construction.
- Create architectural designs and concepts based on client input and feedback.
- Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and revise documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details.
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Modify designs to meet the changing needs of each client.
- Communicate with contractors and construction workers to implement designs changes in the field.
- Attend project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Architecture; Licensed Architect or pursuing licensure preferred.
- Basic knowledge and application of accessibility codes and applicable building codes.
- Basic knowledge of building construction systems
- Basic understanding of all phases of architectural document production
- Ability to conduct space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Develop floor plans, wall sections, and details.
- Check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
- Design experience in Retail / Commercial projects preferred.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
We offer a competitive salary and generous package of benefits.
RRMM Architects is an architectural and interior design firm with 100+ employees. Our home office is in Chesapeake, Virginia with satellite offices in Richmond, Roanoke, and Arlington.
Please send resumes to Eva Valo at email@example.com or fax 757-622-2430. No phone calls please. RRMM is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification form upon hire.